The 41st Annual TRETA Conference held in Lakeway, Texas had members in attendance representing Texas, Florida, and more!
I don’t think the TRETA Conference could have been any better this year! The location and weather were perfect. Lakeway Resort and Spa in Lakeway, Texas was fabulous.
As always we offered the CREI update class on Thursday afternoon with Dr Rosenauer speaking and interacting with us on “What I Wish I’d Known before I Taught My First Real Estate Class”. That was informative and humorous at times!
That evening the Opening Reception party was fantastic with wonderful “snacks” of Mexican cuisine overlooking beautiful Lake Travis. Drink tickets were used to purchase the traditional margarita or whatever the taste bud fancied.
Friday morning’s session was packed full as usual with:
“Connecting with the Disconnected (Technology)” – Wendy Bryan & Jaime Johnson, WFG Title Company
“Teaching Social Media” – Melissa Weathersby, San Antonio College
“Texas Housing in the Next 5 Years” – Dr Jim Gains, The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M
“The New Frontier – simulcast classes” – Dan Hamilton, Alliant National Title
The TRETA Luncheon and Annual Business Meeting was upbeat with the installation of our 2017-18 Officers and Directors, and with the presentation of a $1,000 TRETA Scholarship to Scott Smith who is a student at Texas A&M. Awards and Recognitions were presented to Kevin Morris (Lifetime Achievement Award), Dennis Walker (Don Roose Award for Excellence), Bonnie Wilson (President’s Award), and to Dr Johnnie Rosenauer (Jerry Rutledge Global Visionary Award).
The afternoon conference session included:
“What Brokers Wish real estate students were learning” – Avis Wukasch, TREC Chair
“New requirements for Qualified/CE instructors, and requirements for distance education and new courses” – Gwen Jackson, Director of Education & Licensing (TREC)
“How to navigate the new TREC website for education” – Jennifer Wheeler, Education Manager (TREC)
“Recent Real Estate Court Cases” – Chuck Jacobus, TREC Broker-Lawyer Committee
The President’s Reception followed with adult beverages and horderves in the LBJ Suite with outgoing President Bart Stockton and incoming President Jeannette Black.
Saturday morning woke us up with Breakfast & CREI Awards Presentation to new and renewing CREI designees. We then gathered for the morning session with:
“Stages of Teaching” – Dr Rosenauer, San Antonio College
“Demystifying CREI – how to obtain and what it means” – Kevin Morris, San Jacinto College
Those who attended the entire conference were then “signed out” to obtain their TREC 10 hours of CE credit.
Many, many thanks to our exhibitors and sponsors who helped make this event possible. Next year in Ft Worth we will be TOGETHER, TEACHERS EXCEL!!
~ Bonnie Wilson, 2017 Conference Director
[VIEW PHOTOS HERE]
Thursday, April 6
– 11-5 pm Conference Registration
– 12-4 pm CREI Update 4 Hr Workshop
– 7-9 pm Reception & Networking Party
Friday, April 7
– 7 am Continental Breakfast
– 7 am Conference Registration
– 8 am Opening Remarks
– Wendy Bryan & Jaime Johnson (Teaching with Technology)
– Melissa Weathersby (Teaching Social Media)
– Dr. Jim Gaines, TX Real Est. Center (TX Economic Housing Update)
– Dan Hamilton (Interactive Simulcast Classes)
– Avis Wukasch, Chair of TREC (What brokers wish students learned in real estate classes)
– Gwen Jackson, TREC Ed Director & Jennifer Wheeler, TREC Ed Mgr. (TREC Education Updates)
– Chuck Jacobus (TX Real Estate Court Cases)
– 6 pm President’s Reception
Saturday, April 8
– 8 AM CREI Breakfast & Awards
– Dr. Johnnie Rosenauer (What I wish I’d known before I taught my first real estate class)
– Kevin Morris, CREI Designation Program Overview
– Conference closing & Door Prizes
We thank our generous 2017 conference sponsors and exhibitors!