CREI (Certified Real Estate Instructor)
The Texas Real Estate Teachers Association (TRETA) wants to help you become an effective presenter and facilitator in providing real estate education. Our CREI designation is achieved through two Instruction Development Workshops where you will learn new skills to help you become a better educator. You will need to complete the Basic and the Advanced workshops before you can apply for the designation.
Today’s real estate students value the education they receive and you can become a better instructor by incorporating new techniques and improving your skills in the classroom or in your online education programs. You can use these new skills to improve your education program and help build your student base.
Check out our list of over 20 years of CREI Designees >> click here
How to apply for the CREI Designation
- Complete TWO 15 Hour Instructor Development Workshops. At least one must have been taken within the past 2 years and one must be hosted by the TRETA CREI Program.
- Complete the entire CREI Application form. Include copies of licenses, class certificates, etc. to prove your qualifications.
- Pay the non-refundable CREI application fee of $75.
- Scan and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail it to the address listed on the first page of the application. This can be submitted all year.
- Spring application deadline is February 28
- Fall application deadline is September 30
- Completed applications are then reviewed by the committee and you will be notified of your application status within 60 days of the deadline.
Attend two pre-designation workshops
As part of the CREI Designation Application, you will take two Instructor Development workshops – the Advanced Workshop and the Basic Workshop. These workshops can be taken by any instructor. You do not need to be a member of TRETA to attend the workshops.
You do NOT have to take the two classes in order. You can take the Advanced before the Basic.