Instructor Development Workshops (IDW) for your CREI Designation
As part of the CREI Designation Application, you will take two Instructor Development workshops – the Advanced Workshop and the Basic Workshop. These workshops can be taken by any instructor. You do not need to be a member of TRETA to attend the workshops.
The “Advanced” IDW Workshop goal is to help you become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning with technology. The “Advanced” workshop features usage of technology in your instructional methodology. You will learn about applications and technology that will aid your students in their learning techniques and interactions with you.
You do NOT have to take the two classes in order. You can take the Advanced before the Basic if that’s the way the scheduling works out for you.
- DATE: Sept 10 – Sept 24, 2023
- ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- QUESTIONS: Bart McLeroy, CREI Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-Hour Orientation Meeting by Zoom @ 5:00pm
- PROBLEMS? Email email@example.com for assistance
DATE: Sept. 10th – Sept. 24 2023 5:00pm – 6:00pm PM
Workshop is now on ZOOM
COURSE MATERIALS: will be provided to participants online.
Anyone who wants to become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning.
- All TRETA members seeking their CREI designation
- All TREC approved Legal Update and Broker Responsibility Instructors
- Real Estate Company Trainers
- Real Estate Company Managers
- New and aspiring Real Estate Educators
PRESENTATION: You will give a presentation on the second day of class. See below for details.
You will learn techniques to help you:
- Identify and reach people with different learning styles through technology
- Learn the basics for using technology in the learning environment
- Explore methods for engaging students through interactive technology
- Use technology to create content that will save you time and effort
1-Hour Orientation Meeting by Zoom @ 5:00pm Sept. 10th
Week 1, Students will login to the Canvas LMS to watch videos from experienced instructors and participate in online discussions.
Week 2, Students will choose an instructional topic and create / post video on this topic. They will also respond to and discuss other students’ videos, providing feedback and suggestions.
Finally, there will be a 1-Hour wrap-up session at 5:00pm on Sunday Sept 24th. Students who complete this workshop will receive a certificate indicating completion of a 15 hour Instructor Development Workshop for the Advanced Course from TRETA