Instructor Development Workshops (IDW) for your CREI Designation
As part of the CREI Designation Application, you will take two Instructor Development workshops – the Advanced Workshop and the Basic Workshop. These workshops can be taken by any instructor. You do not need to be a member of TRETA to attend the workshops.
The “Advanced” IDW Workshop goal is to help you become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning with technology. The “Advanced” workshop features usage of technology in your instructional methodology. You will learn about applications and technology that will aid your students in their learning techniques and interactions with you.
You do NOT have to take the two classes in order. You can take the Advanced before the Basic if that’s the way the scheduling works out for you.
NOTE: For 8 hrs TREC Instructor CE credit, you must fulfill the requirements for the entire CREI Designation. This workshop alone does not meet the requirement, but earning your CREI Designation will exempt you from taking instructor CE.
- Date: April 24-25, 2021
- Online Registration: CLOSED
- Questions: David Turnquist, CREI Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Problems? Email email@example.com for assistance
You must register for and attend the TRETA Conference on Saturday, April 24th in order to take the Sunday Advanced Workshop on April 25th. 7.5 hours on Saturday and 7.5 hours on Sunday
DATE: April 24-25, 2021 (Sat-Sun) 8:30 AM – 4 PM
Workshop is now on ZOOM
COURSE MATERIALS: will be provided to participants on-site.
Anyone who wants to become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning.
- All TRETA members seeking their CREI designation
- All TREC approved core and MCE Instructor
- Real Estate Company Trainers
- Real Estate Company Managers
DRESS: business casual.
PRESENTATION: You will give a presentation on the second day of class. See below for details.
You will learn techniques to help you:
- Identify and reach people with different learning styles through use of mobile devices
- Learn the basics for using a mobile device and applications in the learning environment
- Understanding today’s students and the significance of effective online learning
- Develop troubleshooting skills to deliver your presentation
- Work on editing, changing, and engaging the student to be part of your presentation
You will give a brief real estate teaching presentation (6-7 minutes) on the second day of the workshop. Your presentation will be evaluated by your conference peers and facilitators. You will receive these comments at the end of the workshop to provide you with invaluable information to help you sharpen your presentation skills to become more effective in your presentations.
- Full refund if written notification is postmarked or emailed no later than 15 days prior to course.
- A $35.00 materials fee will be deducted if cancellation received less than 15 days prior to start of class.
- NO refunds after the start of class.
Basic IDW Workshop: click here for more information