Instructor Development Workshops (IDW) for your CREI Designation
As part of the CREI Designation Application, you will take two Instructor Development workshops – the Advanced Workshop and the Basic Workshop. These workshops can be taken by any instructor. You do not need to be a member of TRETA to attend the workshops.
The “Basic” IDW Workshop goal is to help you become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning. The “Basic” workshop helps you to assess your instructional methodology. You will learn about setting objectives for your students, how to reach different styles of learners, and maximize your effectiveness as an instructor to provide the most benefit to your students.
You do NOT have to take the two classes in order. You can take the Advanced before the Basic if that’s the way the scheduling works out for you.
NOTE: For 8 hrs TREC Instructor CE credit, you must fulfill the requirements for the entire CREI Designation. This workshop alone does not meet the requirement, but earning your CREI Designation will exempt you from taking instructor CE.
- Date: Febraury, 15-16 2020 (Sat-Sun)
- Online Registration: Closed
- Questions: David Turnquist, CREI Director email@example.com
- Problems? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Register Early! Space limited to the first 25 instructors.
DATE: February 15-16, 2020 (Sat-Sun) 8:30 AM – 4 PM
- $175.00 if registered by January 15, 2020
- $200.00 if registered on or after January 15 (space permitting)
San Jacinto College South Campus 13735 Beamer Rd. Houston, TX 77089
COURSE MATERIALS: will be provided to participants on-site.
Anyone who wants to become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning.
- All TRETA members seeking their CREI designation
- All TREC approved core and MCE Instructor
- Real Estate Company Trainers
- Real Estate Company Managers
DRESS: business casual.
PRESENTATION: You will give a presentation on the second day of class. See below for details.
You will learn techniques to help you:
- Identify and reach people with different learning styles
- Develop and refine learning objectives
- Divide your course materials into manageable units or presentations that maximize learning
- Develop learning modules using Generally Accepted Adult Principles of Education (GAPE)
- Ask questions that will stimulate meaningful class discussion
- Know your audience and learning environment
You will give a brief real estate teaching presentation (6-7 minutes) on the second day of the workshop. Your presentation will be evaluated by your conference peers and facilitators. You will receive these comments at the end of the workshop to provide you with invaluable information to help you sharpen your presentation skills to become more effective in your presentations.
- Full refund if written notification is postmarked or emailed no later than 15 days prior to course.
- A $35.00 materials fee will be deducted if cancellation received less than 15 days prior to start of class.
- NO refunds after the start of class.
Advanced IDW Workshop: click here for more information