Instructor Development Workshops (IDW) for your CREI Designation
As part of the CREI Designation Application, you will take two Instructor Development workshops – the Advanced Workshop and the Basic Workshop. These workshops can be taken by any instructor. You do not need to be a member of TRETA to attend the workshops.
The “Basic” IDW Workshop goal is to help you become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning. The “Basic” workshop helps you to assess your instructional methodology. You will learn about setting objectives for your students, how to reach different styles of learners, and maximize your effectiveness as an instructor to provide the most benefit to your students.
You do NOT have to take the two classes in order. You can take the Advanced before the Basic if that’s the way the scheduling works out for you.
- Date: August 28th – September 11, 2022
- Online Registration:
- Questions: Bart McLeroy, CREI Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-Hour Orientation Meeting by Zoom @ 5:00pm Aug. 28th
- Problems? Email email@example.com for assistance
DATE: Aug. 28th – Sept. 11th 5:00pm – 6:00pm
COURSE MATERIALS: will be provided to participants online.
Anyone who wants to become an effective presenter and facilitator of learning.
- All TRETA members seeking their CREI designation
- All TREC approved Legal Update and Broker Responsibility Instructors
- Real Estate Company Trainers
- Real Estate Company Managers
- New and aspiring Real Estate Educators
You will learn techniques to help you:
- Identify and reach people with different learning styles
- Develop and refine learning objectives
- Divide your course materials into manageable units or presentations that maximize learning
- Develop learning modules using Generally Accepted Adult Principles of Education (GAPE)
- Ask questions that will stimulate meaningful class discussion
- Know your audience and learning environment
1-Hour Orientation Meeting by Zoom @ 5:00pm Aug. 28th
Week 1, Students will login to the Canvas LMS to watch videos from experienced instructors and participate in online discussions.
Week 2, Students will choose an instructional topic and create / post video on this topic. They will also respond to and discuss other students’ videos, providing feedback and suggestions.
Finally, there will be a 1-Hour wrap-up session at 5:00pm on Sunday Sept. 11th. Students who complete this workshop will receive a certificate indicating completion of a 15 hour Instructor Development Workshop – Basic from TRETA
Advanced IDW Workshop: click here for more information